First DUI Offense in Ventura
The state of California has started to crack down on drinking and driving. With law enforcement tuning in to cases of drunk driving, more and more people find themselves being arrested for DUI. You may not have ever expected to be charged with a crime, much less drunk driving. If you find yourself facing a first-time DUI offense in Ventura and are unsure of what steps to take next, be sure to call our firm.
Penalties for First Time DUI Offenders
If you haven’t been charged or convicted of drunk driving in the past, you may be feeling overwhelmed, confused, and concerned. While your future, freedom, and reputation may be on the line, the good news is that you do not have to go through this time alone. Law Office of Jennifer Zide is here to provide the counsel you need to fight your charges.
First time DUI charges may include the following penalties:
- 48 hours or longer in jail, depending on the BAC level
- Fines and fees close to $3,000
- License restrictions or possible suspensions
- Alcohol education class of 3 months, up to 9 months if there was a high blood alcohol level
If convicted, you will likely be placed on probation for three years, which may include conditions like:
- not driving with any amount of alcohol in your body
- submitting to random breathalyzer testing
- 5 years on probation
- 18-month alcohol education class
- similarly high fees
- jail time
At the Law Office of Jennifer Zide, we provide a superior level of legal service to clients, no matter what charges they are facing. Call (805) 669-9744 or fill out our online form for sound representation.
- Full Case Review by a Dedicated Toxicology Specialist With Over 30 Years of Experience
- Private Investigator Available for Everything From Witness Statements to On-Site Investigations
- Military & Student Discounts Available
- We Keep You Fully Informed At All Times