LAW OFFICE OF
SERVING VENTURA COUNTY, CA
First Offense Driving Under the Influence
Client facing first offense DUI allowed to plead to regular reckless driving (not "wet reckless") with even less probation than a regular reckless
DUI with .12 BAC
Client charged with .11/.12 BAC DUI goes forward to trial and wins a hung jury in favor of the defense, case subsequently dismissed
DUI with .17 BAC
Gets high blood alcohol allegation dropped, avoids additional custody time for enhancement and avoids 9 month alcohol education class imposed for high BAC
DUI with Accident
Client charged with high BAC DUI with an accident receives the chance to successfully complete a 30 day residential treatment program in lieu of custody
First Offense DUI
Client received no custody time and no work release time in lieu of the standard 48 hours jail or 5 days work release
Ventura DUI Attorney
Defending Your Freedom With Passion & Dedication
In every criminal case, your individual rights and personal freedom are at stake. When the stakes are high, we provide expert defense to protect your future, maximize your options, and provide you with the best possible defense in court. At the Law Office of Jennifer Zide, I am dedicated to providing you with the highest level of personalized, private representation when you face criminal charges in Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties. To me, standing by my clients on a daily basis and using the court system to your benefit is the pursuit of justice. At the Law Office of Jennifer Zide, we are always on your side. For a free case evaluation, please contact my office at (805) 901-5403.
My office gives back to the community by supporting local environmental and animal welfare organizations. I am also actively involved in the greening of local small business and the earth as a member of the Ventura Chamber of Commerce Green Task Force and as a volunteer for our local Surfrider Foundation.
- Felony Drug Possession and Transportation Trial: Won a hung jury for the defense in a case where the officer admitted under cross~examination that the drugs were not where he had represented in his police report. Case subsequently dismissed against my client.
- Felony Domestic Violence Trial: Won a Not Guilty jury verdict for my client in a case involving expert testimony
- Felony Fraud case: Won for my client a resolution of probation only, no jail, in an alleged taking of close to $20,000. Case subsequently reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor, with the payment of full restitution.
- Felony Identity Theft and other felony charges: Won for my client, who was facing close to 7 years in prison on multiple felony charges, the chance to successfully complete a 1-year residential drug treatment program, instead of prison. Client successfully completed her treatment program and probation, avoiding prison.
- Not guilty verdict at trial for client charged with petty theft based upon witness identification issues
- Military client charged with theft in a case involving his ex-spouse has his case dismissed
- Client charged with delaying/obstructing officers and resisting arrest for a verbal altercation with police gets his case dismissed
- Military client charged with high blood alcohol content (BAC) Driving Under the Influence gets dropped special allegation of high BAC, no additional jail time, no work release. Later, we successfully fought and got dropped a case involving a charge of Driving on a Suspended License against the same client.
- High BAC special allegation dropped for client charged with Driving Under the Influence, saving him additional jail time, the 9 month DUI school, additional license consequences, and approximately $1,000 (the difference between the cost of the standard 3 month alcohol education class and the high BAC required 9 month alcohol education class)
PROVIDING SECOND CHANCES
Sometimes clients’ personal substance abuse issues filter into our criminal court system. When you or a loved one is battling an addiction issue that has led to a criminal case, you are not alone. There are many legal options that we can pursue both to get your case dismissed or avoid jail time, and to help you turn your life around on a personal level. At the Law Office of Jennifer Zide, we have successfully represented hundreds of clients charged with drug crimes including possession for personal use, possession for sale, transportation, and under the influence of a controlled substance. At the Law Office of Jennifer Zide, I have successfully obtained treatment alternatives for hundreds of clients facing drug charges in Ventura County, whether that be the Diversion program leading to a dismissal or seeing my clients successfully complete shorter terms in residential treatment instead of what would otherwise be lengthy prison sentences.
What Our Clients Say
Our son got arrested for a DWI offense in California and living in New York we had no idea who to hire as an attorney. After flying out to California we found Jennifer Zide on the Internet. With our son we met with Jennifer shortly afterward. She was able to keep our son out of jail and reduced his sentencing to just work release, alcohol education and fines. I highly recommend Jennifer Zide because besides being a skillfull attorney, she is a compassionate and caring individual.
Jennifer Zide is very attentive and took care of matters promptly . This allowed me to continue work and resolve court issues simultaneously. I am very pleased with the outcome of my case, she fought to get me the best possible deal against many odds. I felt informed while not being overwhelmed by the circumstances. Thank you Jennifer!
With a lot of hard work and a very reasonable price Attorney Zide took on my case, effectively getting me the best results I could ever hope for! While I was in the military I needed help, Ms. Zide worked with me around the almost non-stop schedule of military life. Recently, as a civilian, I required her services again. Attorney Zide always is professional, prompt and very knowledgeable. She truly cares about her clients' lives as well as their legal matters. I will always recommend attorney Zide to anybody who needs legal help.
Jennifer zide is such an amazing person and lawyer who handle the the cases great like how she handled mine, I got the resolution I wanted instead of spending time in jail and she'll always keep you posted on what's going on with your case.. She also took care of my insurance problem for no additional charge.. I recommend her to other other people who's looking for a great lawyer.
Jennifer was very helpful during a tough time. She was calm and understanding while the process moved forward. The resolution was as expected, but I was happy with Her communication and her positivity while I was struggling through it. Now that is it far behind me, I'm appreciative of her approach and her ability to be my advocate while no one seemed to be. She was knowledgeable and provided solid communication throughout. I would recommend her.
As your criminal defense attorney, I will work tirelessly to make the system work for one person: you. Every case is really a case about your rights and your freedom. You can count on me to fight for you, to believe in you, and to stand by you every step of the way. When your rights are in the balance, you need a Ventura County DUI attorney with the knowledge, skill, commitment, and the experience to get you the results you deserve. Schedule a free case evaluation by contacting the Law Office of Jennifer Zide!